Today, the writing room will be looking at getting to know your character by having a game of twenty questions with them using the questions below. Not everything you write has to end up in your novel but it will give you a better overall knowledge of them and how they would feel and react to things.
1. What do they look like?
2. What do they like to do to socialize?
3. How was their childhood?
4. One thing that really embarrasses them?
5. What group did they belong to at school?
6. What did they want to do when they grew up and what do they actually do for a job as an adult?
7. Name ten songs that are currently on their playlist?
8. Do they drink, smoke, take drugs?
9. What annoys them?
10. Are they a leader or a follower?
11. What do they love and hate about themselves?
12. If they could have lived in any other time, where would it be?
13. Would they be OK on their own if stranded somewhere?
14. What are their short-term goals?
15. Who is the love of their life?
16. Dog or a cat person?
17. Sweet or savoury?
18. Do they read?
19. What scares them?
20. Do they have enemies?
Novel Kicks is a blog for story tellers and book lovers.